Approved solution: Kerbside bike path on both sides of the road
Why this solution?
It connects well with Te Whiti Street and Rongotai Road, and through the airport tunnel to Miramar. The design gives better protection for people on bikes, and is appropriate for a busy through route such as Coutts Street, which has a lot of fast-moving traffic.
- Parking for 58 vehicles will remain along this stretch – 22 fewer car parks than there are now.
- At the bus stops the bike path will be at footpath level to make it easier for people getting on and off the bus.
- Traffic lanes will be 3.2m wide.
- The footpath on both sides of the road will be at the standard width of 2.4m.
- New kerbs will be installed on both sides of the road.
Read the full Traffic Resolution Report (712KB PDF) and plans (5.7MB PDF)