- In most places, the shared path will be 3m wide.
- The path will be levelled and graded, with a new gravel surface.
- A new 1.4m-high safety fence will be installed on the downhill side.
- There will be signs at blind corners encouraging people to keep left, keep bike speeds down, and take extra care.
- On Centennial Highway, the footpath between Wakely Road and Glover Street will become a shared path for people walking and people biking uphill.
- People biking down from Wakely Road towards Glover Street will continue to use the existing downhill bike path.
What to expect during constructionExpand
- The Wakely Road path will be closed to the public from early February between Spenmoor Street/Lyndfield Lane and Centennial Highway.
- Construction fences and signs will go up to let people know the path is closed.
- People will have access in and out of their properties/driveways at all times.
- Traffic management will be in place if required.
- If parking on Wakely Road, Spenmoor Street or Lyndfield Lane is affected at times, and contractors need a section to be free of cars, they will provide 48 hours' notice.
- The work may be noisy at times.
- Work hours will generally be Monday to Friday, 7am to 5pm. Some Saturday work is possible.
Contractors will be:Expand
- Cutting back trees and other vegetation
- Removing slip debris from the path
- Installing new drainage culverts
- Levelling and grading the surface
- Laying new gravel
- Installing a new safety fence
- Installing new signs.
Where work is happening:Expand
- Diggers, trucks and other machinery will be operating at times so expect some noise.