The plans summarised here are what we consulted on - we will upload the final designs when they're completed.
- Raised crossing on the southern side of Rintoul Street at the Luxford Street intersection
- No right-turn from Luxford Street into Rintoul Street (heading south)
- Separated bike lanes on both sides of Luxford Street
- 30km/h safer speed zone on Luxford Street extended along to Rintoul Street
- Speed hump installed at the left-turn slip lane into Adelaide Road
- Judder bars added at the entrances to the BP station to deter red light runners.
Bus stop changes
- Remove bus stop 7123 near Rintoul Street to improve the bus stop spacing along the route
- At Berhampore shops, combine bus stop 7124 (on Luxford Street), bus stop 7424 and bus stop 7125 (both on Adelaide Road) into one new bus stop located outside 460-464 Adelaide Road.
The proposed new parking scheme for Berhampore and Newtown (P120 except for residents) would apply to the parking that remains on Luxford Street.
Proposed changes include:
- Remove about 23 unrestricted spaces, and keep 14 parking spaces in two sections on either side of the street (and change to P120 residents exempt)
- 10 unrestricted parking spaces and one P10 parking space on the south side converted to seven parking spaces outside 7-19 Luxford Street (and change to P120 residents exempt)
- 11 unrestricted parking spaces on the north side converted to seven parking spaces outside 20-28 Luxford Street (and change to P120 residents exempt)
- Remove seven unrestricted parking spaces on the north side outside 8-16 Luxford Street
- Remove eight unrestricted parking spaces from the south side outside 19-31 Luxford Street.